ASEAN-QA (Joint Quality Assurance Capacity Building Project)
ASEAN University Network (AUN) has worked with ASEAN Quality Assurance Network (AQAN), European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA), Southeast Asian Ministries of Education Organisation Regional Institute of Higher Education and Development (SEAMEO-RIHED), University of Potsdam and German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in developing Joint Quality Assurance Capacity Building Project (Dialogue Meeting and ASEAN-QA Training Course).
Generally, the purpose of this project is to enhance the quality assurance (QA) in higher education institutions in the ASEAN and global levels through cooperation with the organisation of higher education in Germany.
Benefits of Joint Quality Assurance Capacity Building Project.
- This program can help improve quality standards and add value to the academic programmes in UUM at the country level through Malaysian Qualification Framework (MQF) and in ASEAN level through the ASEAN-Qa.
- The Programme will assist in benchmarking best practices of higher education institutions in and outside ASEAN.
- The university will be assessed by external assessors from ASEAN countries as well as Europe.
- Results of this evaluation will enable the University to gain recognition at international level.
- ASEAN-QA certification for a period of 4 years will be given to the INTAFF programme if successful in audit that will be performed in September 2013.
- This project will enable students and academic staff mobility process.
- The presence of UUM representatives can promote UUM and Malaysia as well as strengthen cooperation between universities in ASEAN and universities in Europe.